Giving to a cause greater than yourself may benefit you the most.
PATH has a number of volunteer opportunities available for youth to retirees to get involved with serving their community. Along with the satisfaction in knowing you have helped others less fortunate, community service credits may be available to those who volunteer.
Be a ‘hands on’ volunteer. We need volunteers for:
- Community Closet
- Collecting, organizing and delivering donated clothing
- Mobile food pantry/collection and delivery
- Any other crisis situation that may arise
Become a part of our email network. When crisis situations arise, you will be notified via email of the situation and items needed, i.e. clothing, food and household items. If you are able to assist, you are asked to reply and list items you can donate. Pick-up arrangements or a drop-off location will be communicated back to you via email.
Our email network is vital in assisting individuals and families in crisis. When we are informed of a crisis situation by our community sources, the email network is alerted and can respond to the request and their willingness to help.
Examples of Crisis Situations:
• Family displaced by fire and in need of clothing, food or furniture
• Children sleeping on floor with no pillows or blankets
• Struggling single parent with financial inability to buy food
• Children attending school in winter with no jacket, hats or boots
• Collecting, organizing and delivering donated clothing
• Mobile food pantry/collection and delivery
• Any other crisis situation that may arise
Each case referred to PATH is unique. The email network allows us to respond quickly by requesting clothing, food, beds, cribs, gift cards and other needed items. All correspondence is treated as confidential. The network is also informed of upcoming events such as food and clothing drives and also gives updates on individuals and families we have helped.